Sunday, October 18, 2009

This week I really didn't work with my fakester that often. I uploaded some new pictures of him, which felt weird. None of these pictures are of the same guy. I actually went on devientart.com and just searched “guy” and “boy” and looked for pictures that fit the Caleb’s image in my mind, appeared slightly anonymous (washed out, silhouette, high contrast, awkward angles, etc.), and most importantly so they all looked like the same guy. After becoming friends with over 240 people it’s doesn’t feel any different than having no friends. I don’t want to talk to any of them so as to not alert them that I really don’t exist. The other day two girls from my floor were walking around asking people if they knew Caleb Brown, they even asked me! I just told them no, yes I know, sneaky right? I also had a friend ask me at lunch if in my “Facebook class” we were making fake people to see how willing people were to be friends with others because a bunch of people with newly made profiles. I told her “no, but that’s really weird”, again, sneaky right? So people are already getting suspicious without much meddling in the first place. The most Caleb really does is update his status, and “like” other people’s statuses, and the occasional “happy birthday” message to his closest friends. At the beginning I was really excited to create this fake person, I think to make it more exciting I’d have to not worry about people wondering who I am and just start talking to people, and randomly commenting people’s status updates. Who knows, maybe I’ll try it next week.

No comments: