Sunday, October 18, 2009

Journal #7

This week, I've put more effort into increasing my fake-Sara's friend count, and it probably won't take too much longer to give me more friends than my real account has. One strategy I used was to add a bunch of people from Facebook groups that were created for the specific purpose of finding strangers with which to increase your friend count. However, at least one or two of those people I added have turned out to be weird spammers, based on the messages I received from them. So I probably won't use this method in the future, and instead I'll stick to adding students from U of I.

One slightly annoying fact is that virtually all of my friend suggestions from Facebook are people from Prairie Ridge High School. I don't understand why, since my account is not associated with that network. It would seem more logical for my suggested friends to come from the UIllinois network, or maybe Pekin High School (which Sara's account is linked to). In any case, now I have so, so many friends from PR that the trend will only continue... oh, well.

This evening, for the first time, I actually convinced a girl that I had met her before when really I hadn't. Usually I have sidestepped the question, or answered it somewhat truthfully (e.g., "facebook suggested us based on mutual friends!"), and people accepted that. But this time, I actually asserted that I had met this girl before. And she felt all awful for forgetting me... aaw!

No comments: