Monday, October 5, 2009

Journal #5

(brendan m)
Out of curiosity (one of my great undoings), I decided to implement various facebook apps that I had steered from in the past. Flair was dumb. Quizzes usually reflect upon the devotion of the author, so they can be very good or very dull. Farmville looked like it could be addicting, but all the suspense is lost if you just look up what can be achieved.

In reflection, I find that facebook is "dangerous" if you are bored. If you have fifteen minutes before a class, that is a good amount of time to check up on people and reply to messages. If it's a Saturday or a long period of time and you have nothing better, then watch out. You should at least randomize wikipedia pages so you learn something.

Many facets of Facebook have already been covered- how it came to be, where it is now, and I additionally posted about where it's going. What still intrigues me is how often I miss something and find out about it months later- the sheer amount of people on facebook seem to keep it fresh all the time.

No comments: