Sunday, October 4, 2009

journal 5

Today was a very productive Facebook day for me. I created an event, accepted two friend requests, wrote on a few walls, and chatted with someone via Facebook chat (which I hate and hadn't realized was on).

So obviously there are negatives to all this connectedness, like I can't even browse FB without people knowing I am on unless I make a choice to turn that off. I've been reflecting on how we talked in class about how Facebook makes you choose to make things private rather than letting you choose what becomes public. That's really true, after further reflection, and it lets you present whatever image you want to the world. I think that's one of the reasons people like it so much, too, is this idea of having priveleged access into others lives without them knowing it.

I also found this website which I think you'll all enjoy: www.lamebook.com

No comments: