Sunday, September 27, 2009

Journal #4

One of the most challenging aspects of maintaining this weekly blog has to be the fact that I actually need to start integrating FB with my daily internet routine. Out of the entire interwebs to choose from, FB seems just too stagnant of a website to uphold my standards of online entertainment. Just where will I find videos of Obama calling Kanye West a jackass, sexist Canadian beer commercials and bad singers being spontaneously hit by a paraglider? No on Facebook, that is. While it is incredibly nice to keep up on how friends and family are doing, one must realize that this is the internet we are talking about here. Even though this is much more of a real-life social network, this isn't the weekly Baptist Church Pancake Breakfast.

Yet then again, many parts of the internet are best left unconnected to the innocence of Facebook. This one application which YouTube prompted for me to add posts all the videos I favorite in YouTube on to my FB wall. At first I thought it was a pretty neat idea since I like to keep a hobby of scrounging for the most unique videos in the wasteland of Youtube crap, but soon I realized many of those videos were far from inappropriate to be posted publicly on my wall. Even the anime videos would freak most out.

No comments: