Sunday, September 13, 2009

Journal #2/Sept. 14th

I was on FB this morning looking at pictures some of my friends uploaded from tailgating/the football game last night. I really think the social aspect of FB I enjoy the most is the photo albums and tagging and comments and all that jazz. It's fun to look back at 'big' events and see what your friends say about things that happened. Then I spent a while chatting with a friend from Ohio about OSU's heartbreaking loss to USC. We bonded over our mutual disgust for and hatred of USC.

I think social stuff always seems to happen 'around' things in our culture...like on Saturday, most of the socializing I did was around football games in various places. Facebook gives a platform to expand the context that 'around' can happen in (ie, people from Ohio instead of my dorm) but also gives a lot of new things for social-ness to happen around -- for example, I spent a while commenting on a video a friend of mine had posted with other people.

Okay, I have to go watch Brett Favre crash and burn, hopefully.

No comments: