Monday, September 28, 2009

Journal #4 September 28

Today, I learned how annoying and unresponsive facebook chat is. I was having a conversation with a friend, and it took forever to send my instant messages. My friend was getting very irritated as well. He kept thinking that I didn't want to talk to him and that I was bailing on him. That was definitely not the case. The facebook chat kept losing its connection. This helped me realize how unreliable facebook chat is. It can even cause drama, which is something no one wants. It's also great when sometimes I accidently sign off of facebook by exing out of it, especially when I am having a conversation with someone. That person ends up feeling ditched. That feeling is clearly no good. I end up feeling that when I am having a conversation with someone and he or she decides to sign off with out telling me. Facebook chat seems very unreliable and I personally think it is better to use AIM or Skype. That is one thing that facebook fails to make everyone happy about.
Another interesting thing I did today on facebook was change some statuses. My friend was on my laptop and on his facebook. He forgot to sign off and so I decided to play around with his facebook status and even have a conversation with a friend. It was quite entertaining talking to someone who believed to be someone else. This definitely brings up privacy issues. It is a good thing that I would not cause any harm at all, and it is also very important to sign off of your facebook before leaving the computer.

No comments: