Monday, September 28, 2009

journal #4

(brendan m)


I think in the future, facebook will slow down with the influx of new users in the 18-24 demographic. We're a rather capricious lot, and an anti-social networking fad could pick up just as fast as facebook.

With a large online population, but no resurgence of usual networkers, Facebook might have to rethink their strategy. I predict in the future Facebook will tailor new features to certain age groups- with the digital integration of kids that I see everywhere, I wouldn't doubt that a kid-friendly outlet is possible. All the time I see ten year olds with wheeled shoes, grasping game boys and cell phones while texting in public. That was unprecedented a few years ago.

But that's just my humble opinion. Maybe Facebook is like Pokemon, making money off of Americans ten years from its intoduction. Something tells me that the information age and globalization are inevitabilities, so social networking will never really disappear...

It'll most likely keep up with the times.

No comments: