Sunday, September 13, 2009

Journal #2 Sep. 14th

It seems to me there are two types of people who use facebook:

Those who see its usefulness as a social cumminications device,

and those who see it as a complete multimedia experience.



I don't really join many trivial groups because I find that if I like something enough to join a group related to it, I won't be spending much time away from the group online.

If the group is something important to me, I would only use the group to post events and rsvps.

Any sort of pride, belonging, or achievement for joining a FB group is not my thing.

So when prompt #2 asked me my thoughts on being part of UIllinois, I really had to sit back and think about it. If I had been approached to join rather than immediately accepted, I probably wouldn't be a part of that network.

I guess I don't regard FB as important as some. In fact, I don't regard it as much as I used to, let's say a year ago- when I thought I better sign up if I was to retain a social life.

I've been sick since Labor Day weekend, and I didn't even go on FB to post about it or to let people know. I figured all my friends who needed to know already did.
Being at college is more of a reason NOT to use FB than to put me in a network...

No comments: