Monday, September 21, 2009

Journal #3 September 21

Something interesting I've noticed about Facebook is the correlation between the status updates and television. Many of my Facebook friends like to update on current events that occur on television. This was seen during the VMAs. While I watching the VMAs, I went on Facebook and noticed a great amount of updates on Kanye West's attack on Taylor Swift. Many people had different versions of the same update: Kanye is an idiot. I realized that I could choose to do the same with my status or choose to be a little bit different by changing my status to completely irrelevant to the event on the VMAs. It was hilarious to see how everyone was watching the VMAs and changing their statuses instantly. We can also see how Facebook is important to the television industry. I was incredibly amused by the status updates that night.

No comments: