Monday, November 30, 2009

journal 12

I think our BAFA project reflects how limited groups are on facebook. Peer-to-peer communication has been revolutionized by social networking, but I think groups are not as developed/represented as individuals are.

I think forum boards, voting systems, polls, and FB group messages could be implemented much better in the future, and developing the group only makes the issue more evident.

I've found that a lot of the maintenance/security issues will be up to the admin/RAs, as facebook doesn't offer many options for group maintenance other than blocking those who aren't invited.

I'd like direct postings in individual forums, tagging of events, subscriptions to pages, etc. that just aren't offered.

It seems like running a group is a whole different experience than just managing yourself on facebook....

No comments: