Sunday, November 15, 2009

Journal #11

More than ever I see how Facebook is applicable to groups, and how this is what makes it really useful. Social interaction isn't dependent on FB but the way that many different people can RSVP and plan events is extremely useful.

With all that's going on with the GEO, it helps to be connected online and gain some perspective. I know a lot more about what is going on than if I hadn't been on facebook.

It also helps with getting together with my FB project group, which is important with the strike going on and all.

It'll be even more useful when the strike gets drawn out, methinks.

On the bright side, I'll have more opportunities to use facebook with all my classes being canceled.

That gives me a thought- what if facebook advances its group settings so that institutions and companies had individual pages?

And each company would let their employees use facebook, yet they could block certain things, but maintain the social aspect. Very dystopian...

Sounds like 1984.

Let's hope it doesn't come to individuals maintaining freedom on facebook. Sounds like the google/China fiasco...

No comments: