Monday, November 9, 2009

journal 10

(brendan m)
I can hardly regard FB as I used to. In other courses I discuss the evolution of human communication, from morse code to radio, to television, etc. Never before has human communication been so permanent. Our data, our posts, and our actions have so many repercussions that I seriously considered staying off FB before taking this class. More than ever I realize that social networking is a business, and it's recording our personal information. Coincidence? Back in the day radios were initially going to air programming from the radio distributor, and television early on was run in a similar fashion. Something tells me that social networking will eventually grow into a public enterprise, and monopolies on social networks will falter. Just like how IRC chats can be easily manipulated today, social networking in the future may explode into many more competitors than MySpace and FB.

No comments: