Sunday, November 8, 2009

Journal #10

So this week on Facebook I spent some time trying to figure out how to make a fan page. Which is quite hard to figure out I might add, because I couldn’t do it. So earlier today I decided I had to do something different on F-book cause I feel like there isn’t anything new otherwise to write about here. So I Googled how to make a fan page on Facebook and (because the internet is awesome) found a link to create a fan page. I fiddled around with how to add things and update events for the page and it seems relatively easy to uphold. So I put some of the Allen-notes up on the events page and made a discussion topic. I haven’t invited anyone because obviously at this point it isn’t an official page. I think this could work as a page for Allenites to get together and communicate and share ideas about where we live and how much we all love it! One of the benefits I’ve discovered so far is that it’s much easier to create an event for a fan page than it is to create one just normally; it’s a lot more time efficient.

And I feel the best way to end today’s response is with some Facebook related “texts from last night”:

(860): I love seeing the creepers that friend request me outside of facebook. it’s like seeing a unicorn in the middle of campus.

(917): its not facebook stalking, its market research

No comments: