Sunday, November 8, 2009

Journal #10

As usual, I've still succeeded in completely restricting my Facebook usage to a few times a week, only to check up on things. But still, the notifications just keep piling up, from "friendship tokens" to "Grateful Dead bears. After the reading the gloomy details of Facebook's privacy policy, the notion of deleting my facebook account has been coming all too real. While I do like keeping in touch with old friends (in a manner where they don't even know I've been keeping in touch with them), the idea of my personal information being available to people who will judge me on such a materialistic level just doesn't seems to be worth the risk. But then again, the most I've been hoping for is that my career won't include slimebags who would consider those methods actual research. The fact is that I really don't care what private information those scumbags can dig up on me, theoretically it is still a breach of privacy that is simply trivial and unnecessary in job marketing. But this is capitalism after all, so if thousands of other businesses are willing to succumb to such a creepy level, at least Facebook isn't communist.

No comments: