Sunday, November 15, 2009

Journal #11 November 16th

I’ve been using Facebook think week to try to keep up to date on the strike. I joined the GEO Facebook fan page, and I really like how they make any updates their status. They pop up in my news feed and they are really easy to identify because of the large amount of text and bold thumbnail picture. So I was thinking that an Allen Hall fan page could be really useful. We could keep up to date with status changes and then all the events could be on the actual fan page. The only thing we’d really need to work out is who get’s access to the page to run it and update it and things of that nature.

I kind of want to join the social interview application, because it seems like fun and is pretty interesting but when I went to add the app it asked for permission to photos and friends information. After our classes and talking about all the 3rd party information floating around I just couldn’t bring myself to click “allow”, so maybe another day.

In response to the “sexting” topic I think it is a good idea to re-work the laws because technology is changing and kids don’t realize what they are doing can be punished so severely. In addition, what these kid are doing obviously isn’t right so perhaps if “sexting” awareness could be added into middle school health programs children would be more informed and know how to avoid bad situations.

That’s all for now, and in case I don’t see you before break have a lovely thanksgiving!

No comments: