Monday, October 13, 2008

Journal 10/13

So ever since we started creating these new facebook profiles...or rather fake personas, I have felt weird signing on to my account. I feel that (and let's take a more philosophical approach) even though the page I sign onto isn't the one I created for this class, I fear it might be the same falsification in a way. How much of who we are do we create by how we represent ourselves? Isn't facebook just a representation of us on the internet? So really, isn't my facebook account a representation of the creation that I desire to be? Regardless if I have fulfilled that desire in certain departments or not, it nonetheless remains a false construction of me.

As I've said, lately I've spent less time on facebook. This is what happened with myspace too...except at that point, I switched to facebook. With myspace, the final straw was seeing a special on tv about child rapists/molesters who set up meetings with the kids through myspace.

As for an update on my facebook life....I think I found out who the mystery honestybox poster was....yay!

No comments: