Monday, November 10, 2008

Journal...

My facebook profile is rather empty. I no longer receive the satisfaction of checking it. So I rarely do. Thus...and I hope this is fair...I have no reason to journal. When I go online, I only check my gmail...as of late. I have 278 friends as of now. I get very frustrated when I meet new people and they tell me..."find me on facebook okay?" I just want to yell at them. The superficiality of facebook is really getting to me. I mean...as Marx said (see previous post) our social existence really does give us consciousness. I just think that it's stupid. It's as stupid and ridiculous as the Greek system that so many people pride themselves on being part of and likewise berating. A friendship of substance will never contain facebook. I changed my name to Mia Matilda. Only a handful of people noticed...which merely proves my previous point (in some other post) about how there is this fantastical illusion that people care. Clearly, they don't. Skeptics will argue that "they" don't care about me individually, and claim that their friends would care and notice. So to all you skeptics...I say try it. See how many people e-mail you. Oh I also got rid of my wall. All my groups. It really is uplifting....almost empowering. I no longer think of how I'm doing based on what I would write in my facebook status. I've deleted most of my pictures. It's interesting.

No comments: