Monday, November 3, 2008

Journal 11/3 -Lindsay

Nothing has really changed in the world of Facebook for me. I did finally get my first to videos of myself posted. They were from Zombie Mob of course and someone had tagged me in them. Lately I've been using Facebook to spread the word of To Write Love on Her Arms. I am creating a TWLOHA RSO and in order to get the ball rolling I created a Facebook group for it too. I'm super stoked and I spent quite a while preparing the group before I made it public. I don't want the FB group to be just one of those where you join just to join and you never go back to that page ever. With my RSO we're going to be active spreading the word and fundraising for TWLOHA. I can't really begin to explain how excited I am to get this going. I've covered my page in stuff about To Write Love on Her Arms and I've gotten a few responses. Even touching one life is better than touching none at all. I've decided to get people's interest in the RSO by creating the group then I will further my action and elect officers and begin to plan events. All events and fundraisers will be posted on Facebook of course to help get the word out, but I will use the university email to address the group members about important topics, most likely.
Other than being overly excited about creating this group/RSO my FB experiences for the week have been normal. No mean messages on MySpace either! :)

No comments: