Sunday, September 28, 2008

Journal 9/29 by Justin

Well it has been one of the busiest weeks of my life and I am glad to say that the internet had nothing to do with it. Facebook did not tell me what my plans for the weekend were; instead, I relied on my trusty calendar to tell me where and when I had to be at all times. Living by a strict planner is not enjoyable, but it must be done.
While that above comment had absolutely nothing to do with Facebook, I felt that since this is a journal entry, I could post it. The few times I had to participate on Facebook this past week included creating and event page for Critical Mass and keeping up with what others had written/posted. Honestly, that was about it besides for a birthday wall message or two.
With this new layout, I am not too sure about how I feel about it. I keep getting invited to groups stating “If I get 1,000,000 people…switch back to old Facebook.” I have denied them all because a) there are too many of them, b) they will most likely not work, and c) I do not actually know the people who invited me to join them. So, in a sense, I guess Facebook, or at least the people using it, have sparked my pessimistic side regarding this issue. I never thought that I would actually have a “feeling” while cruising or exiting Facebook, but I have definitely now experienced apathy. I hope that my above comment does not offend anyone who has joined such groups; it is just my opinion that they are bunk.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Ah apathy...how comforting?