Monday, September 22, 2008

Journal 9/22 by Justin

Today, as I cruise around Facebook I have one main priority: my event page for my show on Friday. I believe I created the event on Monday, so after a few days I am anxious to see who will be attending and who will be missing out. I notice that my close friends claim that they will be in attendance of my performance, while more acquaintances have either flat out denied my request for them to come or have responded “Maybe Attending”. Also, to my surprise, many have replied, “Awaiting Reply”. In my opinion, when individuals reply in an undecided manner, it is the cheap way of saying that they will not be there. Oh, how Facebook can even make a denial informal and impersonal.

There is nothing out of the ordinary on Facebook as far as I can tell. Many people are posting photos, changing their picture, and publicly stating that they are outraged by the website’s new design. Also, it seems that some of my friends are starting to get more political or are just more interested in the election than they have been in the past. As a political science major, this is interesting. As a student and analytical individual, this just means that Barack Obama is merely a trend. Well, that’s just my pessimistic opinion.

No comments: