Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Journal #2 - Roger Hong

The new layout and design of facebook is hit or miss. While I do appreciate the highlights bar on the right side as a good way to keep up with pictures and videos my friends have posted up. Why is it necessary when it was just as easy to keep it on the mini feed? It was far easier to keep up with the pictures when they were staring at you in the middle of the screen instead of shrunken down and put off to the side. And this new ticker thing. I think it's waaaay to detailed. Status updates and friends writing on friends wall is great. But I definitely do not need to know what everyone has been doing on their applications. There are so many of the things that everyone is using a different one and I don't really care what your favorite countries are. Also with the ticker, is it really necessary to tell me what I write on a friends wall? I think I would know, I just wrote it. I think the new facebook design isn't as drastic and bad as people made it out to be, but they took a step back and lost functionality and accesibility.

No comments: