Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Journal #2: Dan Smith

The Events feature is something I can get behind. Without it, I probably wouldn't know about/go to half of my friends events. It makes remembering parties and dates so much easier than it normally would be having to write it in my planner. For example, I was able to go to an International dinner at the YMCA on campus a few weeks ago that I otherwise wouldn't have known about. It also helps you stay connected with weak-tie friends. Another example of something I was invited to recently is a Saturday Morning Cartoon party that sounds really fun. The person who invited me is someone I wouldn't normally talk to about hanging out outside of school, but because of Facebook I am now planning on going and having a good time. Apparently their roommates, whom I've never met, invited about 7 of my close friends...what a small world :)

No comments: