Sunday, August 30, 2009

Journal #1 (for real this time)

Recently I've been thinking a lot about Honesty Box and how much I hate it. I feel like Honesty Box is a good place to anonymously tell someone that you've had a crush on them forever, or to tell one of your friends that you love and appreciate them, but too often Honesty Box has been used as a forum to conduct cyber bullying. People use it as a place to trash someone down with out having the courage to say it to their face or even have that person know who hates them. If you want to tell someone that they are mean, tell them! Don't write it anonymously! That is the most immature, childish way of "confronting" someone. Honesty Box is not a conducive place for open, honest relationships, but more of a place to hide your face while you wail on someone.

I make these comments because recently I have been both the "victim" and the "offender" of these actions and it has made me realize that I hate Honesty Box. I don't want to be a person to hide in the shadows while I'm calling someone out, and I don't want to be someone that gets called out. I want someone to respect me enough to tell me to my face how they feel about me. And if they don't have that much respect for me, then I don't want them talking to me. So those are my thoughts on Honesty Box...

No comments: